Lazy T&R updates
Tuesday, October 28
  Weekend with the Lads
Well the boys and me got to have a weekend together last Saturday as Rachelle had gone down to Fremont to visit friends who were having a baby shower. I had all sorts of great plans for us including a picnic at the park!
Well "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry...." we were on our way out of the door when Ethan barfed on the kitchen floor (which at least made it easy to clean up! ;-) Having said that trying to pull Ethan's clothes off whilst wiping the floor and trying to stop Jamin crawling though it as they were both crying was a new definition of the word easy!!
so we stayed home as he felt a little sorry for himself - understandably so, it has to be said.
Then Ethan didn't want to nap - so I couldn't get any work done on my "Honey-do" list
Then whilst making supper Jamin threw up too (again in the kitchen) At this point I was starting to consider giving up parenting as I had managed to break 2 kids in only 10 hours since their mother had left the house!! I then called one of Rachelle's friends Sheri (thanks for the advice Sheri - you rock) to see what I should do next (didn't want to mess up a fun evening for my wife and/or look totally useless as a father ;-)
We managed to go to church Sunday morning, as both of them seemed perky when they woke up at 5:30 (the clocks had gone back over night - not that I got to sleep in ;-)
Church was fun - and Ethan got to sing twice which he liked once in Big church with Daddy, and then again at the new kids worship they were doing for 1st service Sunday school. However neither of them had lunch really, and we ended up watching the "Horse Movie" for about the 4th time that weekend. fortunately both managed naps and so I managed to clean up a little of the house before Rachelle came home.
Anyway the weekend was a bit of a disaster the only good point being that I spent an hour or so playing with both of them after supper before their mother got home and that was fun.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger Click to go to the Sinclair-Lee Family website